This is the 2nd of three recipes that I worked on, in collaboration with The East India Company.
The brief – something quick and easy. That can be thrown together in a matter of minutes (if you have everything to hand!! 😀). You may have some gluten free brownie, or some chocolate cake left overs….I know!!! Who has these left over! But some might 😀 You could have course make your own and then create the following. I did have a bit of fun making these and even more fun eating them 😀😀 🤫🤫
Last Minute Ice Cream and Chocolate Brownie Sundae
Should you be lucky enough to have the following available in your fridge and cupboards this is a wonderful ‘use-up’ of;
• Vanilla ice cream (but will work equally with caramel, chocolate, raspberry ice creams)
• Chocolate sauce (or easily made with 100ml double cream, 60g chocolate and a teaspoon of spiced drinking chocolate)
• Chocolate sponge/brownie pieces
• Strawberry and Pepper Jam, by the lovely East India Company, no less!
• Whipped cream
• Salted Almonds or Latte/Cappuccino Beans to decorate (from The East India Company……) you could just sprinkle on some nuts or chocolate buttons 😀
Pour the chocolate sauce (can be slightly warmed) in and around the side of an everyday glass, or sundae dish, place some warmed brownie or sponge covered in jam, into the base of the glass, top with ice cream, bit more sauce, bit more brownie covered in jam, bit more ice cream, top with cream, finish with some more chocolate sauce and adorn with nuts or coffee beans. Dig in!